Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mission Impossible

When you join a new company its always hard to get used to the new ways of working. I mean its not just what you are going to do or how things work, its more about how the hierarchy works. Who are the right people you should know about and how to raise your own profile. OK I know I sound very selfish and cut throat, but you are in the industry and you have to do all these things to suvive. But anyways beside the point, in a moment of inspiration ( or may be insanity inspired by my very own psycho friend ) I decided that joining a charity event will help me a little to know people ( who cares about the charity :) ) in the company. But what I didn't realise was how hard the event is going to be. I have signed myself in for the 3 PEAKS challenge.

Let me give you an overview. The challege is to walk three mountains ( precisely 50 miles )in 24hr, without sleep. So that means I will be walking some mountain in the dark as well!!! To make things worse, all the three mountains are in three different corners of the country ( UK that is ). What was I thinking!!!

Now that I have decided to throw myself into the deep end, I thought lets retrofit some real meaning to my endeavour ( you know like the morden artist do these days, create something weird and then think of some really cool story. Then we all go what an art!!! ). Here is a list of things I came up with:

1. In the process help some charity ( I swear the lord this is my primary goal )
2. Get fit or Meet fit women ( there are surprisingly a lot of women )
3. Quite smoking. (Yaah if thats ever going to happen )
4. Build a healthier life.

So now I have a purpose and a motive...watch out...
Will try and keep a blog of all the training session and walks...

1 comment:

Siddharth said...

All the best man! And may you find your 'fit women'.
I know you're certainly not gonna get any more healthy and lets face it - you and cigarettes are hitched for life now ;)